Break-time

Posted by Drew | Posted on 6:07 PM

Alright, well i got a few positive responses to me coming back. I'm gonna try it for a little. Like i said, more journal-ish. I'll also try to keep the posts short, since in the past they used to be a little long winded...sorry :$

So basically I've been on break from school for the last 3 and a half weeks and still have another week and a half of break left. Technically I'm done with school, at least the classes. I just have to student teach, which is basically an unpaid internship at two schools. The first is a small school district that has K-12th grade in one building. The other is a huge school district that is the most diverse in our area, I hope I don't get shot :p That starts on the 24th, but tomorrow I'm going to meet my first host teacher (who I work under) and then on thursday I'm meeting the other. I'm kinda excited.

I also got offered a couple of jobs for next fall coaching. One is the same job I had a couple years ago. The other is a promotion, coaching the next level up (9th and 10th grade). Unfortunately I need a teaching job, which my old high school wont provide. If I cant find a job though I will most likely substitute and coach. Who knows.

Other than that I've gotten better in dealing with my ex. I finally came out and told him how I felt, about how I always made all the efforts to see him and hang out with him. I also said I didnt like how I always had to call him, or text him first. It may be a little immature to feel that way, but I like to know I mean something, and that the person wants to talk and hang out with me too. He didn't really say anything but since then he's been texting me a lot and trying to make efforts to hang out. So far it hasn't worked out tho. Not sure I want it to...

Alright thats it, thanks for reading :)

Comments (3)

Good luck in the student teaching.

Would you be able to take the coaching job this fall and teach at a different school?

yes getting shot = bad :-)

yea for telling the ex how your felt. tho im sorry he didn't respond. is that typical for his personality? I find that very unsatisfying in general-- tho I talk waaaay too much, so to each, his own.

Much Love,
Steve

Good luck with everything!! :-)